Because some projects affect more than just your property, special applications may be required before a building permit is applied for. For these cases the Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing for the public to voice concerns before either approving the project or making a recommendation to the County Commissioners.
The Planning and Zoning Commission provides a recommendation to the County Commissioners for the following cases:
- Comprehenisve Plan amendments
- Zoning text and map changes
- Final plat and plat amendments
The Planning and Zoning Commission decides on the following cases, appeals may be made to the County Commissioners through the Planning Office:
- Conditional Use Permits (CUP)
- Preliminary plats
- Subdivision exceptions and transfer of development rights further information, contact the Planning & Zoning Office at (785) 309-5813.