Saline County Kansas

You are here: Departments > Elections Office > Voter Registration

Saline County Elections

Jamie R Doss, MCC, FIO

Saline County Master County Clerk,  

Election Officer

Freedom of Information Officer

Contact Us


City/County Building

300 W Ash St, Room 215

PO Box 5040
Salina, KS 67402-5040


Office: (785) 309-5820
Fax:    (785) 309-5826


Office Hours:

Monday - Friday

8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Closed Holidays & Weekends

Our Team

Tammi Deputy Election Officer
Jamy Voter Registration Technician
Jodee Office Technician



Primary Election Day                   August 2, 2022

Voter Registration Deadline        July 12, 2022 


Check your registration at: 


Online Voter Registration:



Who can register to Vote?

You should register if you:

  • Are a United States Citizen
  • Are (18+) or will be (18) before the next election
  • Are a resident of Saline County

If you have been convicted of a felony, register only after restoration of your civil rights.

If you are already registered to vote, you should promptly re-register if you:

  • Move within Saline County
  • Change your name
  • Want to change your party affiliation


Online Voter Registration

To register to vote online, you must have a valid Kansas driver's license or nondriver's identification card, as you are required to use a legal signature to complete the registration process. The online registration option uses your driver's license signature to do so. If you do not have either of these Kansas identification cards, you will need to complete a voter registration application available below. You must re-register each time you change your name, address, or party affiliation for voting, otherwise the Election Office will have outdated information. 

Registering to Vote In-Person

Any change to your Kansas voter registration should use a Kansas voter registration application form, which we have available below.


Voter Registration Application


There are three ways to submit your application:


  • Print out the Voter Registration Application, complete, sign and mail or hand deliver application to the Saline County Election Office, 300 W. Ash St, Room 215, Salina, KS 67401.

  • Fax the completed and signed application to (785) 309-5826.

  • Scan the completed and signed application then email to Voter Registration Coordinator.

Where can I register to Vote?

Online: If you have a current Kansas Driver's License or Kansas Non-driver's Identification Card


In Person at:

Saline County Clerk's Office 300 W Ash St, Room 215 Salina, KS 67401
Kansas Driver's License Office 2910 Arnold Ave Salina, KS 67401
Capital Federal Savings 2550 S 9th St Salina, KS 67401
Salina City Clerk 300 W Ash St Salina, KS 67401
Assaria City Clerk 315 E Main St Assaria, KS 67416
Brookville City Clerk 301 N Perry St Brookville, KS 67425
Gypsum City Clerk 521 Maple Ave Gypsum, KS 67448
New Cambria City Clerk 103 S Center St New Cambria, KS 67470
Smolan City Clerk 320 S 3rd St Smolan, KS 67456
Salina City Housing Authority 469 S 5th St Salina, KS 67401
Salina Public Library 301 W Elm St Salina, KS 67401
K-State Salina-Library 2310 Centennial Rd Salina, KS 67401
Ks Dept of Health & Environment 2501 Market Place Ste D Salina, KS 67401
Salina Adult Education Center 2620 Centennial Rd Salina, KS 67401
O.C.C.K. 1710 W Schilling Rd  Salina, KS 67402
Citizens State Bank & Trust 600 Maple St          Gypsum, KS 67448
Dept of Children & Families 901 Westchester Ave Salina, KS 67401
Ell-Saline Elementary 1757 N Halstead Rd          Salina, KS 67402
Ell-Saline District Office 412 E Anderson St           Brookville, KS 67425
Saline Co. Health Dept 125 W Elm St Salina, KS 67401

Registration Deadline

You may register (or re-register) until (21) days prior to each election. Voter registration is closed during the (21) day period before each election. Applications must be postmarked no later than the 21st day prior to any election and received in the Election Office by the 9th day before the election to be valid. Applications postmarked or received after the deadline are not entered until after the election.

Voter Registration re-opens the day following each election.

When do I need to update or change my voter registration?

Complete a new Voter Registration Application and send it to the Election Office:

  • If you have moved,
  • If you have a name change,
  • If you want to change your political party affiliation.

In Kansas, the choices are Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, and Not Affiliated.


Note: Party affiliation changes are prohibited during the period beginning June 1st and ending on or after August 31st for partisan primary elections in even-numbered years.

How do I verify I am registered to vote?

After you submit your completed voter registration application you will become a registered voter when the county election officer adds your name to the county voter registration list.

When your Voter Registration Application has been entered, a Certificate of Registration will be mailed to you. This voter ID card provides information regarding your Ward and Precinct, the location of your polling place, and your elected officials who represent you. The Certificate of Registration may not be used as ID to vote because it does not include your photo.

You can always confirm your current voter registration information online at VoterView

Keep your Certificate of Registration in a safe place for future reference. You may obtain a replacement certificate by asking the Election Office to send you a new one. The Election Office may also issue you a new certificate if your polling place changes or you re-register.

Federal Service Voter

To register, complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and mail it to the Election Office.

Postage is already on this card.  You may obtain this card from the U.S. Embassy, your Commanding Officer or Voting Assistance Officer.

If you are unable to obtain a copy, download and print the Federal Post Card Application.  Remember to add postage to this card.

Kansas does not require the form to be notarized or witnessed.

Your application is valid for (1) calendar year.  You are eligible to receive all ballots issued during the calendar year at the address you give on the FPCA.  If you move or are re-assigned during any calendar year, please be sure to send a new FPCA so you can receive your ballots.  Election mail cannot be forwarded.  The Election Office needs your current address.

The completed FPCA may be sent by:

  • Mail:
    • Saline County Election Office: PO Box 5040, Salina, KS 67402
  • Email
  • Fax:  (785) 309-5826

For complete details see Federal Voter Assistance Program.

Official County Government Website. Copyright Saline County, Kansas © 2016 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.