Saline County Planning & Zoning
The department is responsible for a variety of programs and activities. These activities primarily deal with the preservation or development of land resources and how to service such uses. Our responsibilities can be categorized into 5 primary functions listed below:
- Current Planning (Zoning Resolution Administration, Building Permits)
- Long Range Planning (Comprehensive Planning, Strategic Planning, Studies)
- Economic Devlopement (Ad Valoren Tax Exemptions, IRB's, Grant Administration, Enterprise Zone)
- Environment Planning (Floodplain, Hazard Mitigation, Conservation Subdivision Design, LESA)
- Public Information and Education (Information Requests, Public Speaking)
Zoning Resolution Administration: Administers and enforces zoning and subdivision regulations; processes applications and provides staff support to the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals.
Building Permits: Manages review of county building permits; coordinates with the City of Salina Building Inspection Dept on commercial and industrial construction; administers property address assignments and changes.
Floodplain Management: Administers floodplain regulations; processes floodplain development permit applications; determines base flood elevations.
***Data Access and Usage Agreement**
Please Read Carefully
The county, participating agencies, and information suppliers have no indication that there are inaccuracies in information provided. However the county, participating agencies, and information suppliers make no guarantee of the accuracy or correctness of the data. In using this data, users agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the county, participating agencies, and information suppliers for any and all liability of any nature arising out of or resulting from the lack of accuracy or correctness of the data, or the use of the data.
300 W Ash, Room 217 | P.O. Box 5040 | Salina, KS 67402- 5040 | PHONE: 785-309-5813 | FAX: 785-309-5811