SALINE COUNTY EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
1. Employees are eligible for health and dental care benefits at the first of the month following 30 days of full-time employment. The County's insurance carrier is UMR. The County pays the full premium for single coverage and part of the cost for family coverage. The cost to the employee for family coverage is $519.16/month.
2. All full-time employees earn one day per month worked for sick leave.
3. Full-time employees earn one day per month worked for vacation leave. However, you must be employed for six months before you are eligible to take vacation leave. If you need time off for something other than sick leave during that time, leave without pay may be granted.
4. Regular full-time employees shall be allowed funeral leave for immediate family members of the employee and spouse, with family members being defined as child, step-child, mother, step-mother, father, step-father, spouse, brother, step-brother, sister, step-sister, grandparent and grandchild. Twenty-four (24) hours are allowed for in-State and forty (40) hours are allowed for out-of-State funerals.
5. Full-time employees have one Personal Day per year. New employees starting before July 1 will receive a Personal Day to be used during the year they are hired.
6. There are eleven paid holidays per year.
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King's Birthday
Friday after Thanksgiving
Hourly employees who work a holiday will be paid at the rate of time and one-half for the hours that are worked and receive their holiday pay.
7. Direct deposit or use of a payroll card is mandatory for all Saline County employees. A request for an exception can be made in writing if an employee is unable to participate in direct deposit or a payroll pay card option (e.g. court order). Final paychecks are issued in the form of a paper check.
8. KPERS membership becomes effective immediately upon hire. The employee contributes 6% each pay period. The County also contributes a percentage of the employee's salary as determined by the state legislature each year. The employee's contribution is not subject to federal income tax. Retirement benefits are determined by the number of years of service and final average salary. Employees participating in KPERS are covered by a life insurance policy equal to 1.5 times their annual salary.
9. A Cafeteria Benefit Plan is available to allow employees to pay for pay roll deducted insurance premiums, unreimbursed medical expenses and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. Full-time employees are eligible for premium and dependent care benefits after 30 days of employment. There is a 6-month waiting period for the unreimbursed medical benefit.