Jury Clerk phone number 785-309-5874
Jurors are randomly selected for service using a diskette provided by the KS Department of Revenue Division of Vehicles. The diskette contains data derived from driver’s license and ID card recipients that reside in Saline County. The diskette is then placed in a computer that uses software specifically designed for random jury selection.
You will be excused from jury service for the following reasons:
- You are not 18 years of age or older
- You are unable to understand the English language
- You are not a resident of Saline County
- You have been convicted of, or pled guilty, or no contest to an indictment or information charging a felony within 10 years immediately preceding jury duty
- You served as a juror in Saline County within the past year
After 6:00 p.m. on the evening immediately preceding your scheduled jury service, you must call the Jury Clerk’s office to check a recording that will indicate whether you will need to report for jury service. This recording will either indicate that the trial will proceed and you will need to report, or the trial was cancelled and you do not need to report.
If you have a physical injury or disability which would prevent you from serving as a juror, the Court requires written documentation from your physician to excuse your attendance.