Saline County Kansas

Official County Government Website

Photo Courtesy Of Marciana Vequist
You are here: Departments > Noxious Weeds

Noxious Weeds

David Flaherty II

Noxious Weeds Director
900 Greeley
Salina, KS 67402-5040 
Phone: 785-826-6531 
Fax: 785-826-6534

General Notice


The Kansas Noxious Weed Law K.S.A. 2-1314 et seq requires all persons who own or supervise land in Kansas to control and eradicate all weeds declared noxious by legislative action.

The weeds declared noxious are:
field bindweed, musk thistle, johnson grass,bur ragweed,Canada thistle, leafy spurge, hoary cress, quack grass, russian knapweed, kudzu and pignut. Sericea Lespedeza isa County Option Noxious Weed declared noxious by the Board of County Commissioners of Saline County. Notice is hereby given pursuant to the Kansas Noxious Weed Law to every person who owns or supervises land in Saline County that noxious weeds growing or found on such land shall be controlled and eradicated. Control is defined as preventing the production of viable seed and the vegetative spread of the plant.

Failure to observe this notice may result in the County:

  • Serving a legal notice requiring control of the noxious weeds within a minimum of five days. Failure to control the noxious weeds within the time period allowed may result in the county treating the noxious weeds at the landowners expense and placing a lien on the property if the bill is not paid within 30 days or,
  • Filing criminal charges for non-compliance. Conviction for non-compliance may result in a fine of $100 per day of non-compliance with a maximum fine of $1500.

The public is also hereby notified that it is a violation of the Kansas Noxious Weed Law to barter, sell or give away infested nursery stock or livestock feed unless the feed is fed on the farm where grown or sold to a commercial processor that will destroy the viability of the noxious weed seed. Custom harvesting machines must be labeled with a label provided by the Kansas Dept. Of Agriculture and must be free of all weed seed and litter when entering the State and when leaving a field infested with noxious weeds. Additional infor-mation may be obtained from the Saline County Noxious Weed Department or by contacting the Kansas Dept. Of Agriculture, 901 S. Kansas, Topeka, KS 66612.

Popular Services

Copyright Saline County Kansas© 2017. All Rights Reserved.